Prophets Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
shadowsiren
Amethyst
Arcea-Drakkarre
Ckyle7
Mistress Cara
Gregoriouse The Great
10 posters

After Work Bar

Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

After Work Bar Empty After Work Bar

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Have a job you don't feel like going to and want to mope about it? Can't stand your partner? Did DanaD call you a mean name? Need the place to groan about it your issues? Then come on down the the PI after work bar.
    Mistress Cara
    Mistress Cara

After Work Bar Empty Re: After Work Bar

Post by Mistress Cara Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Ok have to say Greg. Coolest idea ever lol
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Glad you like it.
    Mistress Cara
    Mistress Cara

Post by Mistress Cara Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:21 pm

You finally did something right lol. You slowly starting to earn some of my respect. Don't get cocky tho u still have a long way to go
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Please don't flatter yourself lol
    After Work Bar Captai12

Last edited by Gregoriouse The Great on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mistress Cara
    Mistress Cara

Post by Mistress Cara Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Lmao aww ruin all my fun why don't you
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 pm

With pleasure.
    Ckyle7
    Ckyle7
    Admin

Post by Ckyle7 Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:16 am

Awesome idea! Only one place to whinge means less moaning in threads where people dont want to hear it! Brilliance.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Hehehe, definitely nice to have a place like this! I'll start it off, I suppose.

I had a pretty rough day at work today... *sigh* Yesterday my ankle was slit open when a wine bottle exploded so I was going to take it easy at work today, but corporate sprung a BOGO deal so the store was insanely busy and I was working alone. Halfway through my shift I was limping along like a gimp, and 3/4 through my shift it had turned more into a lurching, robotic gait because my back was acting up as well. My shift was supposed to end at 4, but by 4:30 my manager hadn't arrived to work her shift, we had lines to the door, and I had a tattoo client waiting for a consultation (FYI I was at my other, non-tattoo-related job). So I quickly shot a text to my manager who had, apparently, forgotten she was scheduled. -_- She didn't arrive until an hour later, and I was so glad to get out of there! On the plus-side, my client didn't mind waiting much and we made good progress on the design. But I was definitely glad to get home. I planted myself on the bed and haven't moved since (other than for making a sandwich). Now my manager wants me to come in first thing in the morning, despite knowing I am unavailable Thursday mornings, and I'm already covering a shift in the evening. >.< So, I told her I could probably come in at 1ish if needed, but damn, I'm tired!
    Mistress Cara
    Mistress Cara

Post by Mistress Cara Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:10 am

I like my job to be honest but I worked 14 hours straight yesterday and 12 today. Im wore out so when I get home obviously I want down time but can't get it cause when i get home I gotta take care of the hubby and do what he needs me to do. 4 hours of sleep a night ain't cutting it lol. Just had to vent for a sec.

Arcea I hope your ankle feels better and you day today runs a bit smoother.
    Ckyle7
    Ckyle7
    Admin

Post by Ckyle7 Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:42 am

Arcea-Drakkarre wrote:Hehehe, definitely nice to have a place like this! I'll start it off, I suppose.

I had a pretty rough day at work today... *sigh* Yesterday my ankle was slit open when a wine bottle exploded so I was going to take it easy at work today, but corporate sprung a BOGO deal so the store was insanely busy and I was working alone. Halfway through my shift I was limping along like a gimp, and 3/4 through my shift it had turned more into a lurching, robotic gait because my back was acting up as well. My shift was supposed to end at 4, but by 4:30 my manager hadn't arrived to work her shift, we had lines to the door, and I had a tattoo client waiting for a consultation (FYI I was at my other, non-tattoo-related job). So I quickly shot a text to my manager who had, apparently, forgotten she was scheduled. -_- She didn't arrive until an hour later, and I was so glad to get out of there! On the plus-side, my client didn't mind waiting much and we made good progress on the design. But I was definitely glad to get home. I planted myself on the bed and haven't moved since (other than for making a sandwich). Now my manager wants me to come in first thing in the morning, despite knowing I am unavailable Thursday mornings, and I'm already covering a shift in the evening. >.< So, I told her I could probably come in at 1ish if needed, but damn, I'm tired!
    Aww hunny! You need to rest that ankle! Sending you warm, healing fuzzies, I hope you start to feel better and less stressed soon! <3

Mistress Cara wrote:I like my job to be honest but I worked 14 hours straight yesterday and 12 today. Im wore out so when I get home obviously I want down time but can't get it cause when i get home I gotta take care of the hubby and do what he needs me to do. 4 hours of sleep a night ain't cutting it lol. Just had to vent for a sec.

Vent away!! Sometimes it is hard when so many people rely on you that you can't do things for yourself, that you need to do! I say, tell hubby to do things for himself, for a change, or no SEX! ;)Hahaha. Seriously though, hope things ease up for you and you get a little "Me" time! Smile
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Mistress Cara wrote:I like my job to be honest but I worked 14 hours straight yesterday and 12 today. Im wore out so when I get home obviously I want down time but can't get it cause when i get home I gotta take care of the hubby and do what he needs me to do. 4 hours of sleep a night ain't cutting it lol. Just had to vent for a sec.

Aww, thanks! I hope you get more rest! That's rough....definitely.

And thanks, Carly!!! Those fuzzies are just what I need!!
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Arcea-Drakkarre wrote:Hehehe, definitely nice to have a place like this! I'll start it off, I suppose.

That mega sucks. I can understand pain and walking. I have a janitorial job and I have super flat feet. Hurts like hell. I had a manager once who scheduled me to work during the shift on my other job. No notice to me or anything. Thankfully my other boss was understanding. I asked the boss who double booked me about it. She just shrugged and walked away like I wasn't even there. Sorry to hear about your day though. Days like that make the bed into a fortress.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Omg that definitely sucks hardcore, Gregoriouse. I'm glad your other boss is more understanding....
    Amethyst
    Amethyst

Post by Amethyst Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:15 pm

How's your ankle now? the photo on FB looked nasty.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Not great. It was still leaking blood until last night, and it doesn't seem to want to close up, even with superglue. Although thankfully there are no signs of infection.
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:08 pm

think you might need stitches?
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:15 pm

I definitely should have done stitches like I had initially thought. A friend talked me out of it and insisted superglue would work fine for it, and since she was my ride I conceded. Now I wish I hadn't. I'm going to be checking and cleaning it after drinking this beer to make a decision on what to do about it next.
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:46 am

Oh good I hear beer is good for judgment j/k. Seriously though I hope you get that taken care of. Instincts are always good to go with when it comes to things like that.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:42 am

*snickers*Yes. Beer is the ultimate judgment homing elixer. I removed the superglue, and cleaned it. Thankfully it is filling in, no signs of infection, and didn't bleed much when the cover was removed. So, I closed it back up, tried superglue again, and I'll see how it goes. Again gravity had been pulling it apart a bit beneath the covering, but it is still looking better today.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

I didn't know where else to put this since there isn't actually a "general discussion" thread and I didn't think it warranted a whole thread to itself.... but I am constantly amazed at the far reaching effects of each thing we do - and the importance of grammar.

I'm at work, and a 16 year old co-worker came in a few minutes ago and we've been chatting. He used the word "facetious" and I mentioned that I am so thrilled for a young person to be using intelligent grammar. He said that a friend had taught him the word, and they had a falling out, and they haven't spoken for a while. But apparently when we worked together a week or so ago I used that word which reminded him of her, so he texted her to thank her for teaching it to him so he knew what I was saying. Because of that they are becomming friends again "and she doesn't hate me so much" and then he thanked me. I was really surprised, pleasantly, at how something so simple as that could be the beginnings of reuniting friends.
    Ckyle7
    Ckyle7
    Admin

Post by Ckyle7 Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:24 am

I love that! And the fact that such a simple thing can turn in to an accidental good deed! Everything we do, even seemingly small, trivial or mundane things, can become something great!
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 am

Fascinating, isn't it? Smile
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:16 am

Thats a great story. Here is a good place for a story like that. I don't mind if you do a post on it either. Glad to hear your healing up ok!

Here is my work thing, I work on my feet. My feet are so flat I stepped on walmarts dr sholes insole machine and it told me to take off my shoes when I didn't even have them on! It gets terribly painful.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks!

Awww, that's just awful!! I can understand....although my feet are arched. When I was 16 various bones in my feet broke and ever since then they cause a lot of pain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:11 am