Prophets Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Epiphany
Merritt
Dolphyn
Amethyst
RamothsRider
Pig Tailed Gar
talonnolan
Ckyle7
aammondd
Dinwar
Mistress Cara
Aravis
shadowsiren
Renya
alvspr
Arcea-Drakkarre
Linayus
Blind Angel
Gregoriouse The Great
rainshadow
DuDZiK
25 posters

What Have You Been Up To?

Linayus
    Linayus

What Have You Been Up To? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Have You Been Up To?

Post by Linayus Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:34 pm

talonnolan wrote:I spent 4 hours in a hospital in torturous agony thinking I was going to die. Easily the worst time of my life.

I went to Sand Diego Comic-con twice. Easily some of the best days of my life.

I've had family and friends die.

I'm having surgery to remove a tumor.

I've created new and stronger bonds with many friends. Read dozens of books. Scene dozens of movies. Started watching anime.

More then anything I've relearned that life is fucking short. I need to do my best to live it to its fullest at all times.
    I'm aware of most of these from your FB posts but I don't think I comment enough or show enough support. You've had some rough spots over the last few years but you've kept pushing on. I really hope everything starts rolling along smoothly after your surgery and recovery is speedy through all aspects of your life.

And of course, now that we're here again, we can help with that. Smile
    Pig Tailed Gar

Post by Pig Tailed Gar Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 am

Talonnolan, I know what you meant.  I also got family dies.  It's been a rough years.

aammond, now you can post your wall of text here!

I just recently got my bachelor in Computer Animation. Before that I also got a certificate in Graphic Design.
    Right now I'm trying to get a job in Security though.
    RamothsRider
    RamothsRider

Post by RamothsRider Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:41 pm

I've got out of a controlling relationship, spent some time being me for a while.

Discovered that someone who you think isnt your type actually is and makes you feel good, not worthless.

Was made redundant after 12 years in same job, spent 6 months unemployued but now have a good job.

There have been some ups and downs, but bascially i'm in a good place now and now PI is back.

Amethyst
    Amethyst

Post by Amethyst Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:41 pm

The highlights of what I've been doing:

I moved overseas and got engaged.
    I moved back home and got married.
    Dolphyn
    Dolphyn

Post by Dolphyn Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 am

It is fantabulous to hear what everyone has been up to. Some of you I've kept track of but I've missed quite a few of you. I am happy for those that are doing well. Those that are struggling, I understand. We are a strong group of people who survive Smile We also have each other to lean on.

As for myself, not much has changed. Same job for 16 years, same apartment. I was sole caretaker of my mother until December 2011. The 10 years I took care of her were my entire existence. My PI/TG family was all I had during that time. I've always valued the people I've met here. The times I spent with you all online and in person were the only things that kept me going those 10 years. I have only recently discovered life again. This past year has had amazing strides for me personally. I've wasted a lot of time. I am ready to rise up and live my life. Finally.
    Merritt

Post by Merritt Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 am

I've been doing absolutely nothing.

Ok, not really. Changed jobs a few times (for better money, not necessarily better work). Began taking yearly pilgrimages to the holy land of Japan Smile Currently sitting in my hotel room in Tokyo cause I don't feel like going out again today (I'm REALLY tired).

Otherwise, I do the usual. Sit around the house, play video games, study Japan, occasionally crack open a book. Man, I need to find something better to do...
    rainshadow
    rainshadow
    Admin

Post by rainshadow Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:56 am

Like peruse PI? Sounds good!
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:55 am

Dolphyn, it is so beautiful that you are finally living your life for yourself!
    Epiphany
    Epiphany

Post by Epiphany Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am

I've kept in contact with some of the old PI gang on facebook. I'm still working as an RN at Primary Children's Hospital, I have about six years until retirement. I'm very happy to have this forum to reconnect with old friends. Dolphyn, congats on being smoke free, take time to have a great life! Congrats to the new parents here. Kids are the greatest! Not much to say when you get as old as I am, you kind of stop having too many adventures. How ever, we did make it to Comic Con in San Diego once, we were at the 125th anniversary celebration of the Gunfight at the OK Corral in Tombstone,Arizona where we met the actors from Tombstone and Wyatt Earp. That was fun. This week we will be attending the first ever Salt Lake City Comic Con.
    Dolphyn
    Dolphyn

Post by Dolphyn Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Arcea-Drakkarre wrote:Dolphyn, it is so beautiful that you are finally living your life for yourself!
    I'm trying at least. Thank you.

Thank you Epiphany! I finally quit smoking for good a year ago. Watching my mother pass from it was enough to help me to quit for good.
    Merrit, you need to get your butt outta the hotel room! Need I send you another picture of Domo having more fun than you? lol
    rainshadow
    rainshadow
    Admin

Post by rainshadow Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Domo-kun has more fun then everyone by default.

I never touched a cigarette (well, aside from helping a few folks tend to their bad habits over the years *grumble*) and I never will. I watched my dad struggle to quit for years, and I refuse to go through the same situation.
    Frances

Post by Frances Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I haven't really had much happen in the way of change. Jobs have stayed the same. I did meet a wonderful man and even convinced him to marry me next year. I did learn to cook this past year! Nothing great but a big step up from microwave mac and cheese. I too have found a small addiction to minecraft, it's a demanding mistress. I think the biggest changes are more internal, finally knowing what I want for my future and going after what really makes me happy.
    Arcea-Drakkarre
    Arcea-Drakkarre

Post by Arcea-Drakkarre Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:49 am

That's wonderful, Frances!
    Renya
    Renya

Post by Renya Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 am

Frances wrote:I haven't really had much happen in the way of change. Jobs have stayed the same. I did meet a wonderful man and even convinced him to marry me next year. I did learn to cook this past year! Nothing great but a big step up from microwave mac and cheese. I too have found a small addiction to minecraft, it's a demanding mistress. I think the biggest changes are more internal, finally knowing what I want for my future and going after what really makes me happy.
    minecraft is like our new puppy in this house, we'r all fighting over who gets to spend time with it next...lol.
    _-Scarlett-_
    _-Scarlett-_

Post by _-Scarlett-_ Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 am

When did PI go down again? I switched over to FE after it died and now my brain is fuzzy.

I got married last year and finished my master's degree from Hopkins.

In 2011 I had a bad ski accident and torn my ACL and MCL and broke a little bone in the knee area. Due to some bad advice (by my doctor) I never got my ACL fixed. After 2 1/2 years of pain and knee buckling, I went to a new doctor and was told I need a repair of my ACL (it doesn't heal on its own), so in two weeks I will be having surgery to fix it.

I also quit my job in June. I was in a very bad situation and needed a change. I didn't have another job lined up, because I was too emotionally drained to even try, I needed the kick in the butt to get going. I'm still looking, turned down a couple of offers because they weren't what I was looking for, but yeah...
    rainshadow
    rainshadow
    Admin

Post by rainshadow Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 am

Wait... is this my first time running into you since you registered here, Scarlett? MY memory's fuzzy too... LOL
    _-Scarlett-_
    _-Scarlett-_

Post by _-Scarlett-_ Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 am

I'm a light poster Razz 
    Tythus
    Tythus

Post by Tythus Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Well I was with a Woman for 5 years and devoted my time to make her a better and stronger person we had a daughter together she turns 4 on the 18th next Wednesday, but almost 3 months ago that relationship ended. I am enjoying single life just miss my darling daughter during the week when she is with her Mom.

I have been working for an insurance company for 5 years come December, I am massively into Warhammer, getting back into photography and baking, I have been loving cooking like i did years ago.
    talonnolan
    talonnolan

Post by talonnolan Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:29 am

Ckyle7 wrote:talonnolan, sounds like you have been through a hell of a lot! You are a strong and positive man, regardless of all the adversity you have had and are going through! I admire your strength. And *hugs*!!
    Thanks Carly. It's taken time but I have learned some positivity. It's helpful. Who knew?

Arcea-Drakkarre wrote:Talonnolan *hugs!*
    Thank you. Very Happy

rainshadow wrote:Holy crap, dude. Had no idea.

Great to see the old avatar, btw! Smile
    Thanks Austin. Though i have been using it on WBG.

This was an easier place to say some of this stuff. FB isn't always the most appropriate venue.

Linayus wrote:I'm aware of most of these from your FB posts but I don't think I comment enough or show enough support. You've had some rough spots over the last few years but you've kept pushing on. I really hope everything starts rolling along smoothly after your surgery and recovery is speedy through all aspects of your life.

And of course, now that we're here again, we can help with that. Smile
    Thanks Tony. I know you're there. :)I appreciate it. Hopefully things calm down now for awhile.

So everyone else knows- I did have surgery to remove my lovely tumor. It was on one of my saliva glands on the left side of my face. It was found to be benign. I'm all but recovered. Still have minor loss of feeling and movement, but for the most part I'm doing well.
    _-Scarlett-_
    _-Scarlett-_

Post by _-Scarlett-_ Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:46 am

talonnolan wrote:So everyone else knows- I did have surgery to remove my lovely tumor. It was on one of my saliva glands on the left side of my face. It was found to be benign. I'm all but recovered. Still have minor loss of feeling and movement, but for the most part I'm doing well.
    That's absolutely fabulous news!
    DuDZiK
    DuDZiK

Post by DuDZiK Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am

That's really good to hear Pete! Hope you'll be fully recovered in no time!
    ForeverCrimson
    ForeverCrimson

Post by ForeverCrimson Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Talonnolan, I saw a little from your FB posts but had no idea it was that serious *hugs* I'm glad you're doing better now.

Alvspr, congrats on the little ones! Same to shadowsiren - scary to think of you guys being parents Razz

It's so wonderful to hear what everyone's been up to since we last 'spoke'.

I... graduated with a BA in Archaeology and History, spent 6 months travelling the world by myself - including a sneaky trip to Comic Con with a few familiar faces! - returned home and did my Masters in Archaeological Computing before Christmas and have spent this year trying to find a career! DudZ might be interested to hear I have an interview on Monday with a publishing company - Oxford University Press Very Happy But I have also just started an application to join the Royal Air Force so we'll see.
    Ckyle7
    Ckyle7
    Admin

Post by Ckyle7 Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Good to see you, FC. I remember you. Smile
    DuDZiK
    DuDZiK

Post by DuDZiK Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:34 am

ForeverCrimson wrote:spent 6 months travelling the world by myself - including a sneaky trip to Comic Con with a few familiar faces!
    Did you have the six-foot pizza again??? Very Happy

DudZ might be interested to hear I have an interview on Monday with a publishing company - Oxford University Press Very Happy
    I hate you Razz
    ForeverCrimson
    ForeverCrimson

Post by ForeverCrimson Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:39 pm

DuDZiK wrote:Did you have the six-foot pizza again??? Very Happy
    Sadly not the second time round. I couldn't remember where we got it from and I stayed downtown this time in a hostel. Actually... I don't really recall what I did for food this time. The days kinda blur together. I didn't get more than 6 hours sleep in the 4 days of the Con. Yup, I even crashed out on the concrete sidewalk to make sure I got in Hall H for the Saturday. And guys, it was WORTH it!!!!

DuDZik wrote:I hate you Razz
    If it makes you feel better... I didn't get it Razz

But I have just got the details for the first stages of my Air Force application *shock*

And Ckyle7 I remember you tooooooooooo. Hi cheers 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am