Prophets Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Legend of the seeker

Mistress Cara
    Mistress Cara

Legend of the seeker Empty Legend of the seeker

Post by Mistress Cara Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:39 pm

So I had never watched past a few episodes of this show and decided (since I have unlimited data) that I would stream the series. I've come to the conclusion that if I had never read the series the show wouldn't have been that bad. It had good characters an actors for the most part but since I have read it......no just no lol. I was actually confused at some points. I would literally sit there and ask why to no one in particular.

What kinds of opinions does anyone else have?
    rainshadow
    rainshadow
    Admin

Legend of the seeker Empty Re: Legend of the seeker

Post by rainshadow Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 am

I'm in complete agreement. Had I never read the series, I would have loved a good deal of the show. There were a small handful of episodes that as a book reader made me actually appreciate the episode themselves, but overall most of the content of the show was a blatant disregard for the books. Characters being poorly cast when compared to their book counterparts. Huge details that were omitted or blatantly changed. I will never forgive that Rachel was essentially tossed aside after her single episode with no hope of being brought back in a semblance of the character she became in the books. She might have been my favorite character in the entire series (hell, even Goodkind disappointed me with how little she was eventually used when I was under the impression that she would grow to be a major character by the end of the series -- honestly I hope she eventually gets her own series and becomes the next woman Seeker... LOL).

Otherwise it was pretty well made for a TV show of its type. The fact that it was tied to Sword of Truth was a killer.

What should be a major rule in film/TV show development that is completely ignored way too often: When you have a show that has a built-in fanbase, you don't ostracize your fanbase. In doing so you lose that portion of viewership automatically. You're probably already going to get the fanbase that came after (The Save Our Seeker campaign was comprised primarily by people who hadn't read the books). Don't kill yourself before you even begin by removing the original fanbase from the equation.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:26 pm