What Have You Been Up To?

Linayus

Re: What Have You Been Up To?

Post by Linayus on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Is the Royal AF a backup plan since no jobs have come through or was it something you were considering before?

And I'm still jealous that you've been to Comic Con TWICE in the last, what, 5 years? And I haven't been even once yet! *cries*
    talonnolan

Post by talonnolan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:04 am

ForeverCrimson wrote:Talonnolan, I saw a little from your FB posts but had no idea it was that serious *hugs* I'm glad you're doing better now.

I... graduated with a BA in Archaeology and History, spent 6 months traveling the world by myself - including a sneaky trip to Comic Con with a few familiar faces! - returned home and did my Masters in Archaeological Computing before Christmas and have spent this year trying to find a career! DudZ might be interested to hear I have an interview on Monday with a publishing company - Oxford University Press Very Happy But I have also just started an application to join the Royal Air Force so we'll see.  
    Thank you friend. Very Happy *hugs*

Did you get into the Royal Air Force?
    rainshadow
    Admin

Post by rainshadow on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:45 am

Linayus wrote:Is the Royal AF a backup plan since no jobs have come through or was it something you were considering before?

And I'm still jealous that you've been to Comic Con TWICE in the last, what, 5 years? And I haven't been even once yet! *cries*
    It's pretty much an incredible experience. You need to get there someday.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it. PyroMancer
    ForeverCrimson

Post by ForeverCrimson on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Linayus wrote:Is the Royal AF a backup plan since no jobs have come through or was it something you were considering before?

I've been considering it for a while. There were a couple of other things I wanted to try first but now I've seen how they've played out I'm now convinced the RAF is the right choice for me Smile

And you have to go to Comic Con! It's amazing. Apparently I'm pre-reg'd for next year (whatever that means) so will have to see how the money and the job works out as to whether I can plan an imminent return!

talonnolan wrote:Thank you friend. Very Happy*hugs*

Did you get into the Royal Air Force?
    *hugs* back!

And hee hee not yet. It's a long process by the sounds of it. I have my first meeting with them next week. It's an 'optional' presentation but it isn't really optional and I have lots of forms to hand in. Should find out a little more about the actual process then, and get a timescale *fingers crossed*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:17 am