Prophets Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Re: Severed Souls (Spoilers)

mopsie2002
    mopsie2002

Re: Severed Souls (Spoilers) Empty Re: Severed Souls (Spoilers)

Post by mopsie2002 Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:47 pm

I just wanted somewhere to discuss this....

As we know, in Law of Nines, a confessor comes through. That means that there are confessors after Kahlan and Richard's timeline. Which means, in my opinion, one of the following:

1. Richard comes back to life in the next book
    2. Kahlan is already pregnant (either was before all this nonsense or perhaps Richard did it while in the underworld)
    3. Someone makes a new "first" confessor
    4. Terry brain-farted, and they're just going to be inconsistent

Thoughts? Smile
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Gregoriouse The Great
    Admin

Re: Severed Souls (Spoilers) Empty Re: Re: Severed Souls (Spoilers)

Post by Gregoriouse The Great Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Plot holes either get left unnoticed or they suddenly get fixed in the future. Only time will tell. In Terry's books he leaves a lot of opportunities to expend and he does often. Nikki's new book is a good example. Also I just made a spot for this post. I just need to look into moving it.
    rainshadow
    rainshadow
    Admin

Post by rainshadow Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:06 pm

While this was obviously remedied in probably the most satisfactory way (we'll leave it at that considering this is the Severed Souls forum, and not the Warheart forum), I would like to add that although LON was obviously connected to TSoT, Terry has always maintained that it is a separate story. Basically, what happened in the history of LON's background is not necessarily the same story that we got in Richard's story. This "disclaimer" was in part meant so that he didn't tie his own hands for future novels (which we are obviously starting to get in the Nicci Chronicles).

Because of this, any perceived holes between LON and TSoT don't technically exist, but it's still fun to look back as if they two worlds are actually connected. Even though Terry himself has distanced the two stories from an official point of view, it's hard to believe that he would have wrote it without believing himself that it was based on the distant future of Richard's story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 am